Applications are being accepted until May 25, 2018.
The Department of Arts Education excited to announce a new opportunity for CPS arts teachers to collaborate with our staff on the development of quality instructional supports for arts educators and administrators.
The Department seeks a cohort of fifteen Arts Instruction Specialists who will work closely with us on the creation of curricular resources and professional learning. In school year 2018-19, we will focus on development of supports for understanding and implementing the updated Illinois Arts Learning Standards.
We are looking for outstanding certified teachers in Music, Visual Arts, Dance, Theatre, and Media Arts who:
- Are currently employed as certified CPS arts teachers
- Have demonstrated content expertise in their discipline(s)
- Are familiar with the updated IL Arts Learning Standards
- Have experience designing curriculum, instruction, and assessment aligned to standards and arts education best practices
- Have experience designing and delivering content for adult learners
- Are strong leaders and collaborators
This is a paid position. Specialists are also eligible to receive clock hours for any position-related professional learning.
Download the application information packet, which contains further information about the position and a link to the application form.
Applications are due on May 25, 2018.