We are proud to release our Arts Professional Learning Catalog for school year 2018-19!
This catalog, co-created with Ingenuity, offers a wide variety of engaging learning opportunities for CPS arts teachers, administrators, arts partners, and other classroom teachers.
Highlights for teachers and administrators include:
- full-day Mastering the Standards sessions, designed to help teachers align instruction, curriculum, and assessment to the updated Illinois Arts Learning Standards
- Demonstration Site sessions, where exemplary arts teachers will open their classrooms for observation of real-time, standards-aligned lessons
- Lesson Feedback sessions, where arts teachers can gather by discipline and grade band to give and receive feedback on their standards-aligned lesson plans
- discipline-specific Lesson Labs, hosted by teachers, for teachers
- Culture, Equity, and Inclusion sessions focused on trauma-informed practice, healthy classroom environments, culturally-relevant curriculum, and other critical topics
- Administrators and the Arts webinars to assist chiefs, principals, and other administrators in creating optimal school environments for rich arts learning
- The annual Arts Education Conference, offering a wide variety of art-making workshops, presentations, arts and technology digital poster sessions, and networking opportunities
In the catalog, you’ll find dates, times, locations, and registration information for all events. Please use it to plan your professional learning for the year—and share it widely with your colleagues!
If you have questions about any of the Department’s professional learning offerings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 553-2170.