WHAT IS THE ARTS ESSENTIALS GRANT PROGRAM?
The Arts Essentials Grant Program provides $1,000 to all schools that have achieved Creative Schools Certification in Categories 1, 2, 3, and 4 and have a current CPS Arts Liaison. This data is compiled every Spring, analyzed over the Summer, and funds are provided to schools in the late Fall. Schools do not need to apply for an Arts Essentials grant.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR DISTRICT-MANAGED SCHOOLS:
- Purchase Orders utilizing Arts Essentials funds must be opened by April 6, 2018 (now extended one extra week due to Spring Break)
- Unspent or unencumbered funds will be swept from district-managed schools’ budgets on April 9, 2018.
- Purchase orders must be receipted, invoiced, and closed by May 15, 2018.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS:
- Purchases must be made and receipts dated on or before April 6, 2018 (now extended one extra week due to Spring Break). Any receipts or invoices dated after April 6, 2018 will not be accepted.
- Receipts or invoices must be submitted electronically via this form on or before May 15, 2018. Receipts or invoices submitted electronically after May 15, 2018 will not be accepted.
Arts Essentials grants are administered through the CPS Department of Arts Education and must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Arts Essentials funding can only be spent on materials, supplies, and equipment for visual art, music, dance, and/or theatre programming or instruction DURING the school day.
- Purchases made that are outside of the terms of the grant will be flagged and may jeopardize future Arts Essentials funding to the school.
- The Principal, Arts Liaison, and arts staff should work together to identify the area(s) of greatest need in the arts.
- Spending must follow CPS rules and guidelines.
For more details on Purchasing Guidelines, check out these documents:
Arts Essentials Purchasing Guide for District Managed Schools, 2017-18
Arts Essentials Purchasing Guide for Charter/Options/Contract Schools, 2017-18
Arts Essentials Purchasing Process at a Glance
Frequently-Used Vendors for Arts Essentials FY18
Listing of All CPS Vendors – as of Jan 9, 2018
or Contact the CPS Department of Arts Education at email@example.com.