The CPS Department of Arts Education gratefully accepts donations from individuals and organizations interested in supporting quality arts education for all students across the district!
Donations of Materials, Supplies, and Equipment
PLEASE NOTE: The Department of Arts Education is not coordinating any donations of materials, supplies, and equipment to CPS schools or staff at this time, as we are unable to ensure the safety of donors or recipients. Thank you for your understanding. We will resume donation coordination at a later date—please check back!
Would you like to donate arts supplies, materials, or equipment to the Department? Email us at email@example.com to let us know what you would like to donate. In your email, please include the following information:
- A thorough description of what you would like to donate, including item description(s), quantity of item(s), make/model/year (if appropriate), and condition
- How the item(s) can be retrieved (pickup or delivery). If item(s) should be picked up, please include general location of the item(s)
- Photo(s) of the item(s), if available
Once we have information about your donation, we will reach out to CPS arts teachers via our established online forums, and teachers will connect directly with you via email so that delivery / pickup arrangements can be made. Depending on your preference, we can generate a donation letter for tax purposes.
If you are interested in making a monetary donation to the Department of Arts Education, you have several options:
1) Donate directly to the Department. If you’d like, you can earmark the funds for a particular student or teacher initiative; for example:
- Our All-City Performing Arts or Visual Arts programs
- Our annual Arts Education Conference for teachers, administrators, and arts partners
- Our Advanced Arts Program for students
2) Donate directly to a particular school or schools. We can help you identify those that particularly need additional arts funding.
3) Donate to the Children’s First Fund. This nonprofit acts as a flow-through or fiscal agent for foundation and business grants and individual donations to CPS schools and administrative units. They can work with you to find the best way to allocate the funds toward CPS arts initiatives.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 553-2170 and we will be happy to help determine the best donation option for you!