Arts Liaisons have access to yearly professional learning events to help them hone skills and strategies to improve and expand arts programming in their school community.
SY2020-21 Arts Liaison Professional Learning
Below, find all session and registration information for Arts Liaison professional learning events in school year 2020-21. NOTE: All Liaison professional learning sessions will take place remotely via Google Meet until further notice.
SEPTEMBER 24, 2020: ARTS LIAISON LOWDOWN SY20-21
Access to Recorded Session Now Available!
School year 2020-21 brings with it a number of changes and challenges we adapt to fully-remote learning. The CPS Department of Arts Education and Ingenuity have made critical adjustments to some of our touchstone initiatives in order to better support schools’ arts programming during these extraordinary times.
In the ARTS LIAISON LOWDOWN SY20-21, Arts Liaisons will learn about key changes to:
- The Creative Schools Survey
- Arts Essentials
- Creative Schools Fund Grants
- Partner work in CPS schools
Access the Recorded Liaison Lowdown Session
TEACHERS FROM DISTRICT-MANAGED CPS SCHOOLS:
1) Register for the session via Learning Hub:
Course code: 53076 | Class code: 99182
2) Access the recording in Safari Montage using this link. Note: You must be logged into your CPS account to view the recording.
3) Open the slide deck for the session so that you can follow along and access resources. This deck is also embedded in Safari Montage (under “Supplemental Resources” as an “Ancillary Attachment”).
4) Once you complete the session, a record of your viewing will be captured in Safari Montage and your attendance will be marked in Learning Hub. This may take up to 2-3 weeks.
5) After your attendance is marked, complete the ISBE Evaluation survey in Learning Hub to receive 1.0 clock hours.
TEACHERS FROM CHARTER, CONTRACT, OR OPTIONS SCHOOLS:
1) Email email@example.com to receive access to the recorded session.
2) Open the slide deck for the session so that you can follow along and access resources.
Archived Arts Liaison Professional Learning Resources, 2019-20
Below, find archived resources from Arts Liaison professional learning events in school year 2019-20. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 24, 2019: ARTS LIAISON RALLY & INGENUITY FALL MEGA-SUMMIT
Thank you to all Liaisons who attended this session! You can access all resources from the Rally in our Arts Liaison Toolkit.
October 16, 2019: THE EMPOWERED ARTS EDUCATOR: FINDING THE FUNDING
For just about every school looking to start, grow, or sustain high-quality arts programming, money is always a practical concern. At this workshop, Arts Liaisons and other arts leaders within CPS will learn where and how to obtain additional funds, supplies, and other resources to help turn their arts dreams into reality. Local funders, Department of Arts Education staff, community leaders, and expert teachers will offer practical strategies for:
- Writing successful grant applications
- Generating community and family support via booster clubs, fundraisers, and donations
- Maximizing your $1,000 Arts Essentials funding
- Stretching your budget with free and cheap arts supplies, materials, and equipment
For more arts funding supports, please visit our Arts Funding Information page.