The student application for The All-City Performing Arts Program is now open! Please share the following information with your students, friends, and CPS Community! Students in grades 3–12 at any CPS school—neighborhood, Charter, Contract, or Options – are eligible to apply. Parents and guardians can apply on behalf of their student.
All ACPA ensembles will be offered in-person in the 2022-2023 school year. The ensembles open in the 2022-23 school year are:
- Symphonic Band I and II, Grades 4–12
- Hip Hop Ensemble, Grades 6 – 12
- Percussion Ensemble, Grades 6–12
- Jazz Band, Grades 4–12
- Music & Media Production , Grades 6–12
- Orchestra, Grades 6–12
- Choir, Grades 3–12
- Beginning Band, Grades 3 – 12
- Elementary Modern Rock Band, Grades 5–8
- High School Modern Rock Band, Grades 9–12
- Mariachi, Grades 5–12
- Dance, Grades 6–12
- Theatre, Grades 6–12
Some important notes about the program this year:
- Priority will be given to students who do not have access to in-school arts education at their home schools.
- Practice times will be determined at a later date this summer, and communicated to all students when accepted. Practices will take place at Jones College Prep Saturdays throughout the school year, between 9 AM and 3PM.
- Instruments and other materials will be distributed to students after enrollment is closed.
The deadline to apply is September 1st, 2022. Students will be notified of the next steps and Audition dates on September 12th, 2022.
For more information visit https://www.cpsarts.org/current-acpa-program-information/
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and we look forward to working with your students!
The Department of Arts Education