Music Festivals are a long-standing tradition within CPS. For over 90 years, these festivals have allowed students from across the city to perform prepared pieces and receive constructive feedback from established music adjudicators and clinicians. Festivals that CPS students can participate in:
- Piano Solo (grades 4–12)
- Instrumental Solo & Ensemble (grades 4–12)
- Vocal Solo & Ensemble (grades 4–12)
- Elementary Choir (grades K–8)
- High School Choir (grades 9–12)
- Elementary Band & Orchestra (grades 4–8)
- High School Band & Orchestra (grades 9–12)
- Mariachi (grades K–12)
- Jazz (grades 9–12. NOTE: this festival is hosted by the Jazz Institute of Chicago. Click here for more information.)
Important Updates on 2020 Music Festivals
IMPORTANT FESTIVAL UPDATES
Due to district COVID-19 guidelines, all 2020 Music Festivals have been cancelled.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to Melisa Rutkelis, Manager of Student Programs, at email@example.com.
General Music Festival Resources
The CPS Music Festivals Master Handbook: This handbook collects the general policies and procedures for ALL festivals and offers information to help guide repertoire decisions.
Sample Adjudication Forms 2019: Download samples of adjudication forms for last year’s festivals.