The first annual CPS Teacher Appreciation Art Exhibition was created by the Department of Arts Education Student Voice Committee to celebrate teacher artists across the district. While many teachers focus all of their time passionately encouraging students to create art, we know that they are also creators in their own right. Selected teachers’ artwork will be displayed outside the CPS Board Room (at 42 W Madison St) throughout the summer.
Important Exhibition Dates
Artwork Submission Window: March 6–May 1, 2020
Artwork Selection Notification: May 18, 2020
Artwork Drop-off at CPS Loop Office (42 W. Madison): May 28, 2020 from 3:00pm–7:00pm
Installation: June 1, 2020
Opening Reception at CPS Loop Office (42 W. Madison): June 4, 2020 from 5:00pm–7:00pm
Exhibition Dates: June 4–September 21, 2020
Artwork Pick-up: September 24, 2020 (time TBD)
General Submission Guidelines
- You must be (or submit on behalf of) a CPS teacher in any type of school (district-managed, charter, contract, or options school).
- Any CPS PreK–12 teacher, in the arts or any other subject area, is eligible.
- Multiple teachers per school may apply.
- Up to two (2) pieces per teacher artist can be submitted.
- Artwork can be submitted from any point in the teacher’s artistic career.
- Artwork may be 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional, or time-based (video, computer-based, etc.).
How to Submit Artwork
The submission window is open from March 6th–May 1st, 2020.
Please download and read the Submission Guidelines (linked below) carefully before submitting artwork.
Questions or concerns? Contact the CPS Department of Arts Education by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (773) 553-2170.