The first annual CPS Teacher Appreciation Art Exhibition was created by the Department of Arts Education Student Voice Committee to celebrate teacher artists across the district. While many teachers focus all of their time passionately encouraging students to create art, we know that they are also creators in their own right.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 guidelines, the live Teacher Appreciation Art Exhibition has been postponed until further notice; however, teachers are still encouraged to submit artwork at this time.
General Submission Guidelines
- You must be (or submit on behalf of) a CPS teacher in any type of school (district-managed, charter, contract, or options school).
- Any CPS PreK–12 teacher, in the arts or any other subject area, is eligible.
- Multiple teachers per school may apply.
- Up to two (2) pieces per teacher artist can be submitted.
- Artwork can be submitted from any point in the teacher’s artistic career.
- Artwork may be 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional, or time-based (video, computer-based, etc.).
How to Submit Artwork
The submission window is open until further notice.
Please download and read the Submission Guidelines (linked below) carefully before submitting artwork.
Questions or concerns? Contact the CPS Department of Arts Education by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (773) 553-2170.