The latest State of the Arts Report is here! This report outlines the progress made during the 2018-19 school year towards ensuring all 350,000 CPS students have access to high quality arts education.
Arts Education Gains Since 2011:
- 75,000 more CPS students receive regular access to the arts
- 97% increase in schools Strong/Excelling in the arts
- 53% increase in high schools with 3 or more arts disciplines
- 17% increase in elementary schools offering at least 90 minutes of arts instruction
- 35% increase in schools meeting the 1:350 arts instructor-to-student ratio
- 27% increase in the number of arts organizations actively working in CPS schools
Whether you’re an arts partner, CPS teacher, teaching artist, principal, or guardian, we hope you use this data to advance arts education equity and access in Chicago Public Schools this year!