The Department is looking for outstanding Elementary (K-8) Visual Arts teachers to join our cohort of Arts Instruction Specialists for school year 19-20! Are you interested in:
- Working closely with the Department of Arts Education throughout the school year to help meet the learning needs of arts teachers across the district?
- Designing and leading arts professional learning for your peers?
- Opening your classroom for peers to see you and your students in action?
- Leading small teacher learning groups to work through problems of practice in your discipline and grade band?
Then consider applying to join our incredible group of Specialists for the upcoming school year! We are currently looking for outstanding K-8 Visual Arts teachers who:
- Are currently employed as a CPS arts teacher
- Demonstrate content expertise in their discipline(s)
- Are very familiar with the updated IL Arts Learning Standards
- Have experience developing and delivering high-quality, standards-based arts curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Have experience designing and delivering content for adult learners
- Are strong leaders and collaborators
This is a paid position. Specialists also receive clock hours for any position-related professional learning.
Please download the AIS Application Information Packet below for more details about the position and a link to the application form.
The deadline for K-8 Visual Arts Teacher applications has been extended to July 19th, 2019. Please disregard the application deadline in the packet.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rachel Claff, Manager of Professional Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 553-2107.