After a very successful first year, the CPS Department of Arts Education is excited to announce that we are once again hiring CPS arts teachers to join our cohort of Arts Instruction Specialists (AISs).
AISs work closely with the Arts Education team on the development and delivery of arts professional learning and instructional resources for educators and administrators across the district.
We are looking for outstanding teachers in Dance, Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts who:
- Are currently employed as a CPS arts teacher
- Demonstrate content expertise in their discipline(s)
- Are very familiar with the updated IL Arts Learning Standards
- Have experience developing and delivering high-quality, standards-based arts curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Have experience designing and delivering content for adult learners
- Are strong leaders and collaborators
This is a paid position. Specialists also receive clock hours for any position-related professional learning.
Please download the AIS Application Information Packet below for more details about the position and a link to the application form.
Applications are due on SUNDAY, JUNE 23, 2019.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rachel Claff, Manager of Professional Learning, at email@example.com or (773) 553-2107.