The CPS Department of Arts Education and Ingenuity are pleased to present the 2019-2020 Professional Learning Catalog, Amplifying Essential Voices. Your direct feedback has helped us to refine this year’s offerings—we have incorporated a number of enhancements to meet your learning goals, schedules, and interests!
Highlights for arts teachers include:
- Full-day Arts Intensives, where teachers will explore ways to create powerful student-centered learning experiences in their classrooms
- Arts Classroom Demonstration Sites, where our Arts Instruction Specialists open their classrooms for observation of real-time, exemplary arts teaching and learning
- NEW: Arts Communities of Practice, where arts teachers meet by discipline and grade band to work through challenges specific to their classrooms and deepen and refine their teaching practice
- CPS Arts Lesson Labs, learning sessions hosted by teachers, for teachers in various disciplines and grade bands
- The annual Arts Education Conference, offering a wide variety of art-making workshops, presentations, a maker space, and networking opportunities
Find CPS arts teacher learning opportunities by looking for the “Arts Teacher” and “Arts Liaison” icons at the top of each page!
In the catalog, you’ll find dates, times, locations, and registration information for all events. Use it to plan your professional learning for the year—and share it widely with your colleagues!
If you have questions about any of our arts professional learning offerings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 553-2170.