The Department is looking for outstanding CPS arts teachers in all disciplines and grade bands to join our cohort of Arts Instruction Specialists (AISs) for school year 2021-22 as Arts Communities of Practice Facilitators! Are you interested in:
- Working closely with the Department of Arts Education throughout the school year to help meet the learning needs of arts teachers across the district?
- Designing and leading arts professional learning for your peers?
- Leading small teacher learning groups to work through problems of practice in your discipline and grade band?
Then consider applying to join our incredible group of Specialists for the upcoming school year! We are currently looking for outstanding candidates at any CPS school (district-managed, contract, charter or options) who:
- Are currently employed as a certified CPS arts teacher (part- or full-time) in Dance, Music, Theatre, or Visual Arts
- Demonstrate content expertise in their discipline(s)
- Are very familiar with the updated IL Arts Learning Standards
- Have experience developing and delivering high-quality, standards-based arts curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Have experience designing and delivering content for adult learners
- Are strong leaders and collaborators
This is a paid position. Specialists also receive clock hours for any position-related professional learning.
Please access the Communities of Practice Facilitator Application Information packet linked below for more details about the position and a direct link to the application form.
The deadline for applications is July 30th, 2021.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 553-2170.