Want to trade arts-related ideas, questions, and helpful advice with other arts teachers in your discipline and grade band?
Want to receive the latest information about student and teacher opportunities, arts events, job openings, free and cheap arts materials and equipment, and more?
Want to stay connected to other arts teachers across the district?
Join our Arts Google Groups! Once you join, you will be able to create your own posts and view/reply to other members’ posts.
PLEASE NOTE: Teachers from charter, contract, and options schools may not be able to join (or post on) Google Groups without an active cps.edu email account.
How to Create Posts on Google Groups
To create a brand-new post from the Google Groups home page:
1) Go to your Group’s landing page by clicking on it in “My Favorites” in the lefthand sidebar. If it is not showing up in “My Favorites,” click on “My groups” at the top of the lefthand sidebar, then select the group you want to post in.
2) If you’re on the website: Click the red “New Topic” button. If you’re on your phone: Click the “message” icon at the upper left of the screen.
To create a brand-new post from an email digest:
If you hit “reply” to an email digest to try to create a new post, it will bury your message in a reply to the digest and it will be hard for people to find. To create a new post:
1) Go up to the top of the email and click on the name of the group at the very top, OR click on “Google Groups” in red.
2) If you’re on the website: Click on the red “New Topic” button (from the group landing page) OR navigate to the Google Group you want to post in and then hit “New Topic.” If you’re on your phone: Click the little “message” icon at the upper left of the screen.
How to Change your Subscription Options
1) Go to your Group’s landing page (see instructions above). Click on “My Settings” in the upper right-hand corner, then click on “Membership and email settings” in the drop-down.
2) Click the dropdown next to “Email delivery preference” and choose the frequency with which you would like to receive emails from the Google Group. Note: the less-frequently you receive emails, the less quickly you will be notified about first-come, first-served opportunities.