The All-City Performing Arts Program brings students in grades 3–12 from any CPS school (neighborhood, charter, contract, and options) together to perform and create within music, dance, and theater ensembles.
Students at beginning to advanced levels in their art forms are eligible for Regional Ensembles in music, theater and dance. Students who are accepted rehearse each Saturday during the fall semester at either Schurz High School (Northside) or Jones College Prep High School (Loop), receiving exceptional instruction from highly-qualified CPS teachers.* They go on to perform at a Regional Showcase on December 15, 2018.
*NOTE: Students will be given free breakfast and lunch during rehearsals beginning on October 6, 2018.
The following 2018–19 ACPA ensembles are still accepting applicants:
- New Music (Jones HS) – through October 20th
- Chorus (Jones HS) – through October 20th
- Symphonic Band (Jones HS) – through October 27th
- Orchestra (Jones HS & Schurz HS) – through October 27th
- Jazz (Jones HS & Schurz HS) – open indefinitely